Mad River Taste Week 2018
This August we will celebrate the makers and growers of the Mad River Valley with tours, tastings, dinners and other special events during Mad River Taste Week. This is a great opportunity to discover all of the incredible food and drink that is coming from of our community, made by our friends and neighbors and sought by foodies across the country.
Mad River Taste Week Event Being Planned
- Saturday, August 4th - Farmers Market + Pig Roast on the green
- Sunday, August 5th - Tastings
- Monday, August 6th - Tours and Tastings
- Tuesday, August 7th - Tours and Tastings
- Wednesday, August 8th - Tours and Tastings + Round Up on the River
- Thursday, August 9th - Tours and Tastings
- Friday, August 10th - Tours and Tastings + Charcuterie & Cider Pairing
- Satyrday, August 11th - Farmers Market + Cheese Festival Dinner - Inn at the Round Barn
- Sunday, Agusut 12th - Vermont Cheese Festival @ Shelburne Farms
The week will feature daily farm and facility tours, tasting events and educational workshops, all led by the food makers and farmers who live and work in the Mad River Valley.
The Mad River Valley has long been known for its exemplary food scene, one of the first and favored farmers’ markets in Vermont, an active localvore movement, and many award-winning artisans including Ploughgate Creamery, VonTrapp Farmstead, Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Mad River Distillers, Tonewood Maple, Green Rabbit Bakery and Vermont Bean Crafters.
~Robin Morris, President of the Mad River Food Hub, the first USDA inspected food business incubator in the country
In addition to the tours, tastings, and teachings throughout the Valley, a community pig-roast will kick-off the Mad River Taste Week, following the Waitsfield Farmers Market on Saturday, August 4. The Week will finish with the annual Vermont Cheese Council dinner on August 11. Those wishing to continue their pursuit of Vermont-made delights are encouraged to attend the Vermont Cheese Festival on August 12.
Mad River Taste Week Makers and Growers Include: